It is very true that all dogs, including Poodles, must not ingest any chocolate. All forms of chocolate contain a chemical called Theobromine. This is a stimulant and can be compared to caffeine. It is this chemical that causes dog to become very ill or even pass away if it is ingested.
What if my Poodle ate chocolate?
What to Do If Your Dog Ate Chocolate. If you believe your dog ate chocolate, call your veterinarian immediately or call the Pet Poison Helpline (855-213-6680) for advice. Note that if your vet is not open, some services provide live chat and video options to connect you with a vet.
Is chocolate good for poodles?
Chocolate is poisonous to dogs mostly because of its theobromine content, which dogs are unable to metabolize effectively. If your dog eats chocolate, you should monitor them closely and seek veterinary attention if they show any symptoms, or if they are very young, pregnant or have other health concerns.
How much chocolate will hurt a dog?
Merck warns that deaths have been reported with theobromine doses as low as 115 milligrams per kilogram (2.2 pounds) of body weight. So 20 ounces of milk chocolate, 10 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, and just 2.25 ounces of baking chocolate could potentially kill a 22-pound dog, Fitzgerald says.
How much chocolate kills a Poodle?
Even 1/3 pound of pure cacao can kill a 20-pound dog.